Monday, November 3, 2008

sexualization of black men err... a axe dark temptation





http://www.axedarktemptation.com/chocolate-man.shtml#



I thought this ad campaign was very suggestive when I saw it, it propels a hyper sexualization of the black male as a sexual object, a "forbidden fruit," when a thin white male dawns a new chocolate darker complexion suddenly he's the object of all women's sexual affections, note all the women chasing after said "dark temptation" chocolate man are all women of the Caucasian persuasion.

I've discussed my thoughts on axe's ad campaign with several of my peers and they have varying opinions, some think I'm just reading too deeply into a "harmless commercial," but I think it's intended meaning is explicit, strictly butter reader, what do you think?


Blog Slap:


No comments: